Weather: NNE 25kph winds. Heavy coverage of cloud with rain possible in the late afternoon. Cloud base 5500ft.
Task: Dalby Airport to Millmerran Airport 76Km to the south.
With pilots having flown over 25hrs so far, the short task to Millmerran Airport was welcomed for the last day. Dense cloud cover did not allow a lot of sun in but with the dark bases and strong tail wind it looked to be a quick run. This proved to be wrong.
The first half of the course was slow and hard to find lift. Zeros had to be made the most of until about 35km from goal when good lift was found. About 30 pilots made it to goal with Konrad making goal first in 1hr 11min. A great last day task.
Chris Lawry was the first Kiwi in, coming in 2nd followed by Conrad Loten in 4th place.
John Durand Snr took out the overall winner.
Nils Vesk in second place and Konrad Heilmann came 3rd.
Hagen was the highest scoring Kiwi coming 7th followed by John in 10th place, Chris Lawry 12th, Conrad Loten 13th.
Captain Flockhearts final log entry: Many Lessons were learnt and will hopefully be applied at the next Dalby Big Air.
- Learn More
- Visiting Pilots
Competitions and Records
- Hang Gliding Competitions
- Hang Gliding Cross Country Championships
- Hang Gliding Competition Committee
- Hang Gliding Competition Results
- Hang Gliding Trophies
- Hang Gliding Leagues
- Paragliding Competitions
- Paragliding Competition Downloads
- Paragliding National Ladder
- Paragliding Records
- Paragliding PGOpen (The National Comp)
- Paragliding Regional and Overseas Competitions
- Paragliding Online Cross Country Competition
- Paragliding Trophies and Winners
- Flying Sites